Launched a global crowdfunding platform with two partners. In three years we raised $1.85m for 250+ projects, all over the world.
$1.85m with out using any advertising. No google or facebook ads. Only word of mouth and minimal social.
The platform is open to all, promoting women and diversity-led projects. We are different from Kickstarter, Indiegogo, GoFundMe for the following reasons:
- Truly global. We accept 139 currencies and Bitcoin, they only accept 5 currencies and no bitcoin.
- We promote all projects, other platforms only select a few.
- Offer flexible crowdfunding timelines. Cash out early if you raise the funds, extend the campaign if you need time.
- Offer gamification of the campaigns through upvoting.
- Have a non-profit through which we donate 10% of our net-revenue to women and diversity-led projects.
Developed the branding and the logo. The pages are super busy now and we need to do a design/content overhaul. The team is a bootstrapped startup of 3. Working on the platform in the evenings and on the weekends.